The Historic Districts of Chinatown, Kampong Glam, Little India and Boat Quay are historically significant and culturally rich localities. Characterised by predominantly two- and three-storey shophouses ranging from the Early Shophouse Style to the Art Deco Shophouse Style, they are places where we can not only learn about our past, but also the different aspects of Singapore’s evolving landscape.
Find out more about our Historic Districts through these story maps.
Click or tap here for image credit.
1. Chinatown photo by Marco Verch Professional Photographer via Flickr
2. Chinatown streets photo by William Cho via Flickr
3. Kampong Glam photo by Erwin Soo [CC BY 2.0]
4. Kampong Glam streets photo by Fabio Achilli [CC BY 2.0]
5. Little India photo by Zairon [CC BY 4.0]
6. Little India streets photo by KimonBerlin [CC BY 2.0]
7. Singapore River bridges photo by William Cho [CC BY 2.0]