Explore and discover hidden gems of history, stories, and even good eats of Jurong and Harbourfront with Glue: Curiocity. Through this new interactive tech prototype, users can discover more about the places they live, work or play in, as it draws from the rich resources of the National Library and National Archives of Singapore. The prototype has been co-developed by the National Library Board (NLB) and Open Government Products (OGP).
The Glue: Curiocity showcases will be at Jurong Regional Library and library@harbourfront till 28 March 2024, where patrons can explore the rich heritage of Jurong and Harbourfront. Some key highlights are:
- Touchscreen displays with interactive maps and quizzes: Visitors can explore location-specific content from the National Library, National Archives of Singapore, and other sources.
- At Jurong Regional Library: Visitors can discover stories of the Jurong area, and explore its evolution from an industrial area to a bustling hub of community, commercial and recreational activity;
- At library@harbourfront: Visitors can learn more about the development of the Harbourfront and the wider Telok Blangah area from a maritime hub to a residential, recreational and nature zone.
- Personalised trails: Visitors can also customise their personalised trails led by a unique digital “tour guide”, which they can view on their mobile devices.
- Food finds: Glue: Curiocity will also show where you can find some of the good eats around Jurong and Harbourfront.
In addition to the showcases, the mobile prototype of Glue: Curiocity will be available from March 2024. The mobile version will provide users with a personalised digital experience to continue exploring Jurong and Harbourfront conveniently and while on the go.
Glue: Curiocity, NLB’s latest tech prototype, is part of NLB’s LAB25 efforts, and wide-ranging experiment to push new frontiers in learning and discovery. NLB will continue to leverage new cutting-edge technologies in collaboration with private and public sector partners, and welcome more partners to work with it to enhance how Singaporeans discover, learn and experience.
Glue: Curiocity Showcase at Jurong Regional Library
Glue: Curiocity Showcase at library@harbourfront